Small Business Owner. Engineer. Activist.
My name is Demitri Theodoropoulos and I’m on a mission to get big money out of politics.
That’s why I’m running for U.S. Senate this November.
Most people know me as the owner of Wonderland Records, an historic music shop that has served the record buying public of Northern Delaware for more than 40 years. Yet my connection to the first state goes back much further than this.
I first moved to Delaware at the age of seven and spent the duration of my childhood and teenage years growing up here.
After receiving my BS in engineering from the University of Delaware, I was hired by ILC Dover , a contractor for NASA, responsible for designing and upgrading space suits for our astronauts. In my 7 years working with the agency, I contributed to the development and advancement of space travel by designing improvements to the existing spacesuit model. I also developed some of the parts that were used on the Mars Rover in 2003.
After that, I set myself to working on an entirely different kind of mission; saving a vital piece of Delaware history from disappearing forever. Wonderland Records is Delaware’s oldest remaining record store. Having first opened its doors to the public in 1972, it quickly achieved iconic status among local musicians, who sometimes went on to form successful bands after meeting each other for the first time there.
When the store was purchased in 2003, the business was on the verge of being closed. I knew I couldn’t allow this to happen.
It is my experience as an engineer and as a business owner that have laid the groundwork for my decision to run for U.S. Senate. As an engineer, I solved problems. As a business owner, I saved a piece of history. I intend to do the same with the Senate. Specifically, I will:
- 1) Solve the problem of campaign finance corruption, and
- 2) Salvage the power of voters to elect leaders who will actually represent them
For a deeper look at how big money is controlling big government, and the blueprint for what we can do to put a stop to it, please read my mission statement and The educational articles you will find dealing with the matter on the website DforSenate.com.
As the Green Party candidate for U.S. Senate the ideals that form the foundation of my platform are:
– Social Justice- Equality for all. This is vital to the betterment of our world.
– Non violence- Stopping wars everywhere is also crucial to our survival. The obscene military spending has got to stop, much of that funding should go to helping people not killing or hurting them.
– Ecological wisdom- Now more than ever we need to protect our environment because if we don’t it will be too late. The stripping of the EPA happening in the U.S. right now has to stop.
– Grassroots Democracy- Big money is destroying our Democracy by manipulating lawmakers. The financial corrupting has got to end.
Thank you for reading this and I hope that you will give a Green Party candidate your vote and we can begin to fix the problems in our government.